alsa mute

Law Horne zimhat at foou.net
Fri Apr 30 19:23:51 UTC 2004

>/etc/asound.state is saved at shutdown, and running alsactl restore
>immediately after login  does restore the correct values for PCM and
>other controls. So the problem seems to be that modprobe didn't run
>alsactl restore at startup.

Would running

"# rc-update add alsasound boot"

Not fix that? This is kinda shot in a dark as this from another
Linux distro alsa setup. But I have used this on slackware 9.1 and
it worked despite this not being it's own setup guide. I haven't had
a chance to try on fedora I got rid of my test3 installin favor of
Fedora core 1.

Law