FC2T3 problems with partition with BootIt NG

Ken Roser fedora at resork.sent.com
Fri Apr 30 21:26:11 UTC 2004

Are there any testers out there using BootIt NG?  I installed test 3 and
after some testing and some problems I decided to do another clean
install.  Using BootIt NG, I deleted the 3 logical volumes that were
used by Fedora.  These 3 logical volumes were in an extended partition
that also included an NTFS volume.  After deleting these volumes, BootIt
NG didn't show that there was any free space in the extended partition.
It did show the NTFS volume and its size was considerably less than the
extended partition size so there should have been free space.  Booting
Win XP and using disk management I can see the free space.  Also,
another attempt to install Fedora does result in Fedora seeing the free
space.  It's only BootIT NG that doesn't see the free space.  I'm
currently working with the BootIT NG support person to try to resolve
this, but I'm wondering if others here might have encountered the same
problem.

This wasn't a problem with test1 and test2;  just test3.  Is there
anything going on with the disk partitioning that's different in test3?

The computer is a Dell Dimension 8300 with 80 GB disk and 1 GB RAM.