NVIDIA driver with 2.6.7-1.501 kernel

Stan Bubrouski stan at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Aug 2 20:00:57 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 14:36 -0400, Nave, Ronald wrote:
> I earlier reported that the NVIDIA-6106 driver did not work with the latest
> 2.6.7-501 kernel. on FC3- test 1
>
> I have inspected  the nvidia installation log and Xorg log , but do not see
> any obvious explanation of the problem.
>
> The log files are enclosed
>
>  <<nvidia-installer.log>>  <<Xorg.0.log>>

It seems to be working for me right now, I've watched a couple avis and
DVD without much problem.  Except some frame droppage causing
audio/video to go out of sync now and again...and again...

I first updated the to the 1.501 kernel and recompiled the driver and it
worked.  It stopped working when I installed the last couple batches of
rawhide updates last night.  Tried recompiling the driver and rebooted
and it worked again.  It's been very finicky with some of the latest
rawhide/kernel updates.  I'm still trying to figure out exactly whats
going on with a/v being outta sync quite a bit of the time, but at least
in general the driver is working ok for me here.

The driver still seems broken with preempt_voluntary enabled.  I'm just
using preempt atm.

-sb

--
Stan Bubrouski <stan at ccs.neu.edu>