ACPI and suspend

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Sun Aug 22 14:01:39 UTC 2004

On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 10:56:20AM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> > I had expected that closing the lid would give the same result that
> > APM has always given and put the machine into suspend mode.
>
> APM never did that for me, but then, I told it not to suspend :-)

Well, the T41 (without "p") using APM by default suspends when
closing it (just testing RHEL3 on it), as did my old Toshiba
Portege.  Never made that working for Compaq laptops, OTOH :-(.

B.t.w., does the T41p (I guess this is the more advanced model
with a highres screen?) does not support APM anymore, as the
T41 does, so RHEL3 is a no-go on those laptops?

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>