no USB jump/flash drive support yet

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Sun Aug 22 21:17:49 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 16:46, raxet wrote:
> It works for me with the latest dev kernel 2.6.8-1.526. Only problem is that
> you have to have the drive plugged on boot though. Then do a mount /dev/sdb1
> /media/usbdisk.
>
> Hot plugging, absolutely not. In fact kernel messages shows a number of
> failed timeouts. :(

  Clearly must be specific to certain types of USB flash devices as mine
(a PNY Attache 128MB) works fine, as it has since FC1, including hot
plugging.
  As someone else mentioned, posting your actual log messages would
help.  But it's probably going to be something that will need to be
filed in bugzilla.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator