Missing deps on the latest updates

Naheem Zaffar naheemzaffar at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 17:20:41 UTC 2004

Yes I have done that now; two problems

1. On yum update I get the following error:

rpmdb: /var/lib/rpm/__db.001: Permission denied
error: db4 error(13) from dbenv->open: Permission denied
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - Permission denied (13)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 30, in ?
    yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/usr/share/yum/yummain.py", line 163, in main
    (log, errorlog, filelog, conf, cmds) = parseCmdArgs(args)
  File "/usr/share/yum/yummain.py", line 75, in parseCmdArgs
    conf=yumconf(configfile=yumconffile)
  File "/usr/share/yum/config.py", line 155, in __init__
    self.yumvar['releasever'] = self._getsysver()
  File "/usr/share/yum/config.py", line 285, in _getsysver
    idx = ts.dbMatch('provides', self.distroverpkg)
TypeError: rpmdb open failed

On restart I get message startx failed. When i login and type startx
it goes staright into XFCE (My default).

PS I understand its rawhide; I  thought it was a good idea to be
involved in the test releases coz I am learning.