error: rpmdbNextIterator: skipping h# 838 Header V3 DSA signature: BAD, key ID 30c9ecf8

Stan Bubrouski stan at ccs.neu.edu
Sun Aug 1 19:38:23 UTC 2004

Hey,

Looks like your DB cache files or whatever may be corrupt.  Before you
do ANYTHING else make sure you backup your /var/lib/rpm

This is A MUST.

After you've backed it up, try moving the __db.001 __db.002 __db.003
files to a different directory and then try to rebuild the db.

I'm not really sure this is the problem, but its worth a try, since you
make a backup first it can't really hurt to try.  And check the
permissions on those three __db files make sure they are set to
0644/-rw-r--r--.

Good Luck,

sb

Stan Bubrouski <stan at ccs.neu.edu>