rpm -Rebuilddb problems

Naheem Zaffar naheemzaffar at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 19:38:33 UTC 2004

The plot thickens. If I remove -f i get:
# rm /var/lib/rpm/__db.001*
rm: cannot lstat `/var/lib/rpm/__db.001*': No such file or directory

# rpm -rebuilddb
rpmdb: /var/lib/rpm/__db.001: Permission denied
error: db4 error(13) from dbenv->open: Permission denied
error: cannot open Packages index

Apologies for double posting alot; I am using gmail and it
automatically sorts posts into threads.