Schedule change proposal

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 1 20:12:57 UTC 2004

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 31 Jul 2004 12:57:11 -0300, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>Do you realize rawhide is now installable, and you can install it any
>>time you want?
>

> Even when there are package dep issues in the rawhide tree?
> mutter libcroco grumble nautilus.
>
> -jef"plans to time a rawhide install attempt right as the mirror is
> syncing with the master development tree...as a worst case dependancy
> mismatch scenario"spaleta

I'm upgrading a development system now and am fighting the deps for cups
and the following dep errors.

Unresolvable chain of dependencies:
gdm  2.6.0.3-2                           requires libcroco.so.2
gimp  2.0.3-1                            requires libcroco.so.2
gnome-games  2.6.2-1                     requires libcroco.so.2
nautilus  2.6.0-6                        requires libcroco.so.2

Please modify your package selections and try again.

I guess your timing for an installable tree was in dep hell.

Jim

--
It is more rational to sacrifice one life than six.
		-- Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2822.3