what is eating dircolors?

Deji Akingunola deji_aking at yahoo.ca
Sun Aug 1 22:40:04 UTC 2004

 --- Michal Jaegermann <michal at harddata.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 04:05:36PM -0600, Michal
> Jaegermann wrote:
> > So far I failed to notice
> > where this may be even documented but something
> tells me that
> > TERM=gnome may be responsible.
>
> In general for non-Linux systems I suspect that
> hardly anything will
> know what TERM=gnome will happen to be and this will
> affect many
> programs.

I'm already being affected; I can't login to an IRIX
system as I'm used to do before from a FC3t1 system.
It now complain "unknown terminal TERM=gnome", won't
set my environment variable properly and thus I can do
anything on it. Anyone care to let me know how to
revert to the old terminal type on my FC3t1.
Thanks.

>  Was a decision
> to switch to this  termtype deliberate?  Even if you
> open an xterm
> window it says 'gnome' for 'echo $TERM'.  Sounds
> like a recipe for a
> big mess.
>
>    Michal

Deji