PHP & MySQL under FC2 (and FC3t1)

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 10:40:04 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm having all hecks worth of problems trying to get php to talk to
mysql under Fedora Core.

I have the php-mysql rpm installed...

I have altered the /etc/php.ini file to include the line

extension=mysql.so

and have altered the httpd.conf file to include

LoadModule mysql_auth_module modules/mod_auth_mysql.so

Alias /phpBB2 /web/phpBB2
<Directory /web/phpBB2>
   AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3 .phtml
   Options Indexes +Includes FollowSymLinks
   order deny,allow
   deny from all
   allow from all
</Directory>

<Files /web/phpBB2/config.php>
   order deny,allow
   deny from all
</Files>

So everything should be happy. However, it's not working. httpd starts
happily.

What do I need to do to get php to talk to mysql? I need to get phpBB2
set up and running PDQ!

TTFN

Paul
--
"Look. If you had one shot, one opportunity, to seize everything you
ever wanted. One moment to capture or would you just let it slip?" -