bash changes

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Tue Aug 3 18:34:30 UTC 2004

All:

Since installing bash-3, whenever I su - to another user (root or
whoever) I no longer have any of the aliases available (i.e. ll, l.,
etc. ).

The offending script appears to be /etc/bashrc. the last thing it does
is:
if [ "x$SHLVL" != "x1" ]; then # We're not a login shell
        for i in /etc/profile.d/*.sh; do
            if [ -r "$i" ]; then
                . $i
            fi
        done
        unset i
    fi
fi
which sources all of the *.sh scripts in /etc/profile.d but apparently
this only happens when bash is run therefore I lose all of them if I su
- to root

So does this need fixing or is it just a pain?

Scott

P.S.