[Fwd: Re: Web site design]

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Tue Aug 3 21:45:21 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 11:04 +0100, D. D. Brierton wrote:

> Depending on what version of Dreamweaver your web developer used, your
> site may well consist of "tag soup", and editing it in anything other
> than Dreamweaver may be a complete pain in the butt. This was mostly
> true of older version of Dreamweaver. The newer ones are much better in
> this regard. If your web designer/developer had cleanly separated the
> content from the presentation by using clean structural/semantic markup
> and putting all of the layout and presentation in CSS (which is what
> developers *should* be doing nowadays, although if he uses Dreamweaver
> it is unlikely that that is what he's done) then editing your pages in a
> good text editor would be very easy. As Dreamweaver tends to mix the
> content and the presentation together editing the source by hand may
> prove difficult. Depending on how important the site is to you you may
> wish to consider getting a better developer (i.e. someone who knows how
> to hand code and doesn't rely on tools like Dreamweaver) and investing
> in some kind of simple content management solution.

Thanks for the reply/hints (even though was TO the list instead? hehe)
and have sine replied back to him to find out a little more of how he
creates these sites and what is involved, so maybe I will have a little
more info on if I have or can easily get the tools needed to update/edit
it.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's only funny until someone gets hurt...Then it's hilarious!"