dev update dependency issues increase

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 4 23:33:41 UTC 2004

Stan Bubrouski wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 20:00 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
> I *hate* up2date... I get nothing but probs whenever I try to use it,
> yum is the way!

Fortunately, X and up2date are both working so far with this beta phase.
I haven't had to set up yum yet.

Both tools are great to have and hopefully, both won't go down at the
same time.

I'm kind of curious as to what the speed for up2date and yum will do
with the new repodata directories (and content) format appearing on mirrors.

I don't know yet if additional steps are needed to use them over the
headers directories or not.

I downloaded and installed createrepo-0.3.6-1 from rpm and it created a
repo successfully using FC3T1.

Jim

--
If it happens once, it's a bug.