selinux-policy-targeted-1.15.11-2 broken?

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 14:02:25 UTC 2004

Hi,

I was testing the latest from rawhide and had another problem during bootup. I
installed just the selinux targeted policy and tried to reboot. The system was
freshly installed with no pre-existing software.

On the way up, I got a message to the effect of "policy requested but not found
and enforcing mode is on". It would be more helpful if the message stated where
it looked for the policy so that I could try to figure out what went wrong.

I did start looking at the spec file and noticed this in the %post script:

        if [ -f /etc/selinux/config ]; then
                . /etc/selinux/config
        else
                if [ -f /etc/selinux/config ]; then
                        SELINUXTYPE=strict
                        . /etc/sysconfig/selinux

Shouldn't the second 'if' be testing what is sourced later? Looks like a copy &
paste problem to me. I doubt that is my problem, though.

Has anyone else had problems with the latest selinux-policy-targeted ?

Thanks,
-Steve Grubb