FC3 T1 Raid Installs

Si Jones si at bananas.hopto.org
Thu Aug 5 20:34:04 UTC 2004

I have done 2 installs, the first time i did a install with software
raid 1 and
the second i used a boot part of raid 1 and the other partitions were
raid 0.

The first attempt of the first install went wrong as I reboot after
installing,
and the raid array had not synced the mirror, the second attempt I left
it to
sync and rebooted and it was fine.

My comment on this one is, could anaconda be modified to make it wait
until the array is synced, as I think this is a bit of a flaw?

The second install went perfect, the striped array seems to give 80mb
a sec.

The hardware is sil3114, with 2 SATA Seagates on an nforce2
motherboard, I would like to know if Tagged Command Queueing
is working if anyone knows how to check this?

and lastly, I have striped array for the swap but need to change it over
as the kernel does a better job of handling the swap over 2 disks, how
do I delete the raid and change the swap over?

Cheers,