boot.iso with a different kernel?

Ken Snider ksnider at flarn.com
Fri Aug 6 20:57:45 UTC 2004

Here's a quick question, hopefully someone can point me at a reference (or
where to start), google has been unhelpful.

I have a system I have to bring up using a custom kernel, is it possible to
boot from said custom kernel in a way that allows me to run the FC2/3T1 installer?

In essence, the real question is, is there a way to use a kernel *other* than
the installation media kernel/boot.iso kernel to launch the fedora installer?

I can replace the *installed* kernel at runtime via kickstart, it's just the
installer boot kernel that's an issue.

Thanks!

--
Ken Snider