stories about actually using FC3t1 on a regular basis?

Jeff Ratliff jefrat at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 7 14:46:47 UTC 2004

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 09:52:39AM -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> I'm using the fc3t1 box at home now as my primary machine for normal
> home desktop tasks, I'm actually seriously disappointed as how few
> annoyances i see doing my normal stuff.

Pretty much the same here. My main system is a desktop with Nvidia
chipset and graphics card and reasonably standard stuff otherwise.
I switch back and forth between FC2 and FC3t1 as there is one
application I have that will not compile with GCC 3.4. I have yet
to run into some problem that made the system unusable. I don't mess
with PCMCIA or USB (except the mouse) though.

It is a bit unsettling how stable this test seems to be. There odd
things and workarounds, but if I had tor run it exclusively, I'd be
able to do what I need to do (so far).