Cannot boot to any kernel since yesterday's updates

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 17:40:27 UTC 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:48:12 -0500, Gerry Tool <gstool at earthlink.net> wrote:
> As described in
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-August/msg00251.html,
> kernel 2.6.7-1.509 has a kernel panic.

> I don't know how to fix the problem so that I can boot to FC3T1 and
> continue testing.  Any suggestions?

Not sure you have given us enough information about your system to
narrow the problem down or to do a comparison against systems that
have a working system.  It sounds like a problem specific to certain
hardware configurations and not a generally reproducible problem. I
have an box that is booting into the 509smp kernel just fine.

You will probably need to find someone with a similar mobo/chipset and
possible harddrive configuration(sata or ide or scsi)  and filesystem
layout (lvm or raid) and make a comparison confirmation of this
problem.  You said this was happening before with previous kernels, i
suggest you search for bug reports from other people about
experiencing this problem in the past and see if you can compare notes
with them as well.

-jef