nautilus problems

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 00:12:43 UTC 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:57:46 -0700, Scott Talbot <talbotscott at cox.net> wrote:

> All:
>
> I guess I am alone in seeing that Nautilus no longer displays .jpg, .gif
> files (thumbnails do still work).  Clicking on them yields an error
> "Couldn't display whatever.gif"

Nope seems to be a general problem with file associations. Like you, i
dont see gnome setting any file associations. In my mind this is
either a problem with the gnome-vfs2 package or with the
gnome-mime-data package. A quick search through bugzilla doesn't see
it reported yet. I would suggest you file it against gnome-mime-data
in bugzilla, after you make a search through the 'zilla yourself of
course. I could easily have missed the report.
Though i should test this with a fresh user and see if the problem persists.

> Nautilus windows are crashing often, I'm not really sure why as
> sometimes I haven't been doing anything before the crash. often I have
> to completely reboot to get back to barely operable.  Looking over the
> logs has not helped determine anything (maybe i don't know what I'm
> looking for!)

Sorry i havent seen nautilus dieing off on my box, not sure where to
point you about that.

-jef