Should I install FC3T1?

Mike A. Harris mharris at www.linux.org.uk
Wed Aug 11 01:05:05 UTC 2004

徐辰 wrote:
> My hardware list:
>
> AthlonXP 2500+
> Abit NF7
> WinFast A320
> Intel eepro 100 (I install it since integrated one doesn't work as expected)
>
> Can this machine runs FC3T1 out of box? Or I should wait until FC3 released?

The real question is wether you want bugs to get fixed that might happen
on your system with your usage patterns before FC3 is finalized, and
wether or not you have the time and patience to beta test it and report
bugs in the meantime.  If you wait until it is released, and only then
test it, you may find that there are bugs that could have been fixed in
time for FC3 if they'd been reported.

> AFAIK, CPU/motherboard/NIC shouldn't be a problem, does nvidia display
> drivers work?

Nvidia's driver readme file tells what X releases their driver supports,
and they tend to keep this information accurate with each driver
release.  In general, while their driver may or may not work with beta
or test OS releases or beta or test X11 releases, Nvidia doesn't
generally support beta releases of OS's or X, until a while after an
official release.  If you require stable support for proprietary
drivers, you're best off sticking only with official OS releases.