Problem with update on FC3test1 -SOLVED - now upgrade error

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 11 03:46:29 UTC 2004

Trey Sizemore wrote:

>> I installed FC3T1 yesterday and when running up2date (showing >300
>> packages) it hangs.  I see the list of available package updates,
>> select all or even select just 2, I get the "Testing package set /
>> solving RPM inter-dependencies" progress dialog and then it just sits
>> there.
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong?  A bug?  Haven't seen anything on the list
>> about this.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> Sorry for replying to my own post.  It works now, but just took a real
> long time.  However, now I notice that the attempted update of the 300+
> packages errors out due to conflict between the current kdeutils-3.2.3-1
> package and the incoming kdebase-3.2.92 package.
>
> What's the best way to handle this conflict and proceed with the upgrade?
>
> Thanks.

I had conflicts with kdeadmin, kdebase, kdelibs, kdemultimedia, kdepim
and their -devel packages. Up2date of other rpms went well after
removing xine from fedora.us. Deselecting those packages should cut down
on the resolution time.

Error for kde packages below.

Jim

Test install failed because of package conflicts:
The following packages were added to your selection to satisfy dependencies:
Name                                    Version        Release
kdebase                                 3.2.92         1
kdelibs                                 3.3.0          0.1.rc1
libidn                                  0.5.4          1

file /usr/bin/ghns from install of kdelibs-3.3.0-0.1.rc1 conflicts with
file from package kdepim-3.2.3-1
file /usr/bin/khotnewstuff from install of kdelibs-3.3.0-0.1.rc1
conflicts with file from package kdepim-3.2.3-1
file /usr/lib/libknewstuff.la from install of kdelibs-3.3.0-0.1.rc1
conflicts with file from package kdepim-3.2.3-1
file /usr/lib/libknewstuff.so.1.0.0 from install of
kdelibs-3.3.0-0.1.rc1 conflicts with file from package
kdepim-3.2.3-1
file /usr/share/config/khotnewstuffrc from install of
kdelibs-3.3.0-0.1.rc1 conflicts with file from package
kdepim-3.2.3-1
file /usr/bin/kdepasswd from install of kdebase-3.2.92-1 conflicts with
file from package kdeutils-3.2.3-1
file /usr/share/applications/kde/kdepasswd.desktop from install of
kdebase-3.2.92-1 conflicts with file
from package kdeutils-3.2.3-1
file /usr/share/apps/kdm/pics/users/BeachBall.png from install of
kdebase-3.2.92-1 conflicts with file
from package kdeutils-3.2.3-1
file /usr/share/apps/kdm/pics/users/Butterfly.png from install of
kdebase-3.2.92-1 conflicts with file
from package kdeutils-3.2.3-1
file /usr/share/apps/kdm/pics/users/Flower.png from install of

--
I have great faith in fools -- self confidence my friends call it.
		-- Edgar Allan Poe