Problem with update on FC3test1 -SOLVED - now upgrade error

Joel Rittvo JoelOnLinux at perfect-flight.com
Wed Aug 11 05:27:08 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 23:46 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:

> I had conflicts with kdeadmin, kdebase, kdelibs, kdemultimedia, kdepim
> and their -devel packages. Up2date of other rpms went well after
> removing xine from fedora.us. Deselecting those packages should cut down
> on the resolution time.
>
> Error for kde packages below.
>
> Jim
>
> Test install failed because of package conflicts:
> The following packages were added to your selection to satisfy dependencies:
> Name                                    Version        Release
> kdebase                                 3.2.92         1
> kdelibs                                 3.3.0          0.1.rc1
> libidn                                  0.5.4          1
>
> file /usr/bin/ghns from install of kdelibs-3.3.0-0.1.rc1 conflicts with
> file from package kdepim-3.2.3-1
> file /usr/bin/khotnewstuff from install of kdelibs-3.3.0-0.1.rc1
> conflicts with file from package kdepim-3.2.3-1
> file /usr/lib/libknewstuff.la from install of kdelibs-3.3.0-0.1.rc1
> conflicts with file from package kdepim-3.2.3-1
> file /usr/lib/libknewstuff.so.1.0.0 from install of
> kdelibs-3.3.0-0.1.rc1 conflicts with file from package
> kdepim-3.2.3-1

--snip--

Same conflicts coming up here....   I hunted and found 3.2.92 versions
of kdeutils and kdeutils-devel (I think from kde-fedora) and fed them
into the set of the other rpms and installed then as a group manually,
just to see.  The bunch then installed fine but did serious damage to my
desktop layout, caused un-remembered window parameters, and replaced
some of the default Fedora icons in the panel, and that was as far as I
looked, before restoring a pre-update disk image....