[Fwd: Re: Rawhide hates mozilla?]

Jonathan Corbet lwn-fedora-test at lwn.net
Wed Aug 11 13:24:51 UTC 2004

Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:

> So... is this something that needs to be searched for upstream at
> mozilla's bugzilla?
> Or is this a fedora specific problem you think?

I can only guess - firefox is built with no debugging symbols, of
course, and (equally "of course") my quick attempt to build from source
was doomed.  What I can say is:  until I did a rawhide update a couple
of nights ago, it was solid as a rock.  I wasn't more than a week behind
the curve, so something has happened in the last week to break things.

It's certainly possible that all the new stuff has tickled a gecko bug
somewhere.  But if I were to make a wild guess, it would have to be in
the direction of all those new GNOME and X.org packages...

jon