updated kdebase does not cure dependancy issues

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Wed Aug 11 23:22:20 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 16:21, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> Hello Scott,
>
> > Installation of kdebase-3.3.0-0.1.rc2 does not fix the multiple
> > dependencies of rc1 released on 8 August
>
> rpm -Fv --replacefiles kde*

  Ick.  ;-)
  Now you have an inconsistent rpm database.

  My suggestion is to instead:

rpm -e kdeutils
yum --exclude='*howl*' update

  for now.  Later, when the dependency problems are fixed:

yum update
yum install kdeutils

  Do that last line only if kdeutils is not deprecated, which I suspect
is the case.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator