updated kdebase does not cure dependancy issues

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Thu Aug 12 01:06:17 UTC 2004

Hi Paul,

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 01:22, Paul Iadonisi wrote:
> > rpm -Fv --replacefiles kde*
>
>   Ick.  ;-)
>   Now you have an inconsistent rpm database.

It's a little ugly, I agree ;) . But I guess the meaning of this all is
to move /usr/bin/kdepasswd and some other files to kdebase. This way I
can keep kdeutils around. If I remove kdeutils right now I guess
/usr/bin/kdepasswd might go missing ;-) .

>   My suggestion is to instead:
>
> rpm -e kdeutils

It's cleaner, I agree... But a kde without kdeutils is a bit less
useful.

> yum --exclude='*howl*' update

Yup, but different issue.

>   Do that last line only if kdeutils is not deprecated, which I suspect
> is the case.

kdeutils deprecated? I don't think so. All this seems to be caused by
the desire to have kdepasswd in base without properly removing it from
utils.

Leonard.