What is smartd?

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Thu Aug 12 04:07:28 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 23:35 -0400, zbert wrote:
> During my boot sequence, this daemon always fails. Can anybody clue me
> in as to what it is and how I might fix it?

Not really sure what smartd is, but can make a suggestion though.  You
might want to go to redhat/system settings/server settings/services and
stop/start any services you need/don't need so that you don't have
unneeded services running.  Just uncheck/check what you want/don't want,
save it, and there ya go.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's only funny until someone gets hurt...Then it's hilarious!"