File Selection dialog problems with latest rawhide updates Aug 14th.

Razvan Corneliu C.R. "d3vi1" VILT razvan.vilt at linux360.ro
Sat Aug 14 21:13:27 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-14 at 16:09 -0500, Mike Klinke wrote:

> On Saturday 14 August 2004 15:46, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> > Okay before i go to search or file this in bugzilla.  Is anyone
> > else who installed the latest
> > rawhide updates seeing this issue:
> >
> > I am unable to select a file using the gtk based file selection
> > dialog. Any application that needs to use the file selection dialog
> > window has the same problem.
> >
> > For example.  trying to add a new wallpaper for the gnome desktop
> > background. Preferences->desktop Background
> > Add Wallpaper button
> > Browse the filesystem and select an image
> > hit the open button on the dialog... nothing happens.
> >
> > Like i said, thats just one example... everything i try that uses
> > the file selection dialog has the same problem for me, so I'm just
> > looking for confirmation.
> >
> > -jef
>
> I see the same here when I tried the Background and
> "Accessories/gedit" but if I start a non-gnome application (Open
> Office) the "OO" file picker works.
>
> Regards, Mike Klinke

                              From:
Soeren Sandmann
<sandmann at daimi.au.dk>
                                To:
gnome-announce-list at gnome.org, gtk-
list at gnome.org, gtk-app-devel-
list at gnome.org, gtk-devel-
list at gnome.org
                           Subject:
GTK+ 2.4.7 released
                              Date:
14 Aug 2004 22:14:03 +0200  (23:14
EEST)
                            Mailer:
Gnus/5.0808 (Gnus v5.8.8) Emacs/21.2

GTK+-2.4.7 is now available for download at:

 ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v2.4/
 http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gtk+/2.4/

gtk+-2.4.7.tar.bz2   md5sum: 2cd21398a463ef205e6e7b28e54b936d
gtk+-2.4.7.tar.gz    md5sum: 003bb1eef819fcc29ea0b9cceeafcb08

This is an emergency bug fix release to fix two serious problems with
GtkFileChooser in GTK+ 2.4.6.

Răzvan Corneliu VILT                      e-mail:razvan.vilt at linux360.ro
GPG:http://d3vi1.linux360.ro/public-keys/ www: http://d3vi1.linux360.ro/