kernel for testing

Williams Jr, Ernest L. ernesto at ornl.gov
Sun Aug 15 02:26:14 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-test-list-bounces at redhat.com on behalf of Jim Cornette
Sent: Sat 8/14/2004 9:16 PM
To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases
Subject: Re: kernel for testing

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we're looking at doing a kernel update in about a week or so, a
> candidate kernel for testing just has been uploaded to the test area for
> fc2; kernel 2.6.8-1.520
>
> Greetings,
>     Arjan van de Ven

There were no errors reported during kernel installation. Also, the
kernel boots into the proper runlevel again. inittab is set back to
runlevel 5 and 3 is added in grub.conf. No surprises!

The only error in boot log is below, which has been recorded for a long
time.

Aug 14 20:47:02 cornette-fc2 mdmpd: mdmpd startup failed
Aug 14 20:47:02 cornette-fc2 mdmpd: mdmpd failed

I get the samething here.

Are there any particular items to test? USB, Firewire, etc?

Jim

--
New screensaver released: Curtains for Windows.

To unsubscribe: