stock kernel compile and run on FC3

Lee Connell lee_connell at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 17 05:54:56 UTC 2004

Hey everyone,

I have extracted the kernel source from SRPMS and also used the shipped
config for my architecture.  I compiled the kernel using stock kernel and
config.  everything went well, until i went too boot into my machine using
the new kernel.  I get the following error:

-Enforcing mode requested but no policy loaded. Halting now.
Kernel panic: attempted to kill init.

However if i modify the config a bit and disable SELinux then I don't get
this problem.

How can I enable SELinux and avoid the policy loading issue?

Thanks.