yum update error - Package pyparted needs libparted-1.6.so.0, this is not available.

M.Clasen webmaster at hg-carstyling.de
Wed Aug 18 10:39:30 UTC 2004

Hello testers,

i just signed up here to the list, so maybe my request ist already an
older thread.

i installed FC3 test1 full on my workstation, an Elitegroup D6VAA 1.1
Board with two P3/1000 and all went fine, so far.
i tryed to update the nearly 700 packages and get the following error:

yum update
Server: Fedora Core 2.90 - Development Tree
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
.Package pyparted needs libparted-1.6.so.0, this is not available.

Local the lib is here :

[root at hg-operator rawfox]# locate libparted-1.6.so.0
/usr/lib/libparted-1.6.so.0
/usr/lib/libparted-1.6.so.0.0.11

How can i solve this ?

thx and regards from germany :)