FC3 test 1 and NE 2000

Jörn Rink j.rink at freenet.de
Thu Aug 19 04:54:05 UTC 2004

Am Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:06:55 +0200
hat Roland Leurs <roland.leurs at home.nl> (Roland Leurs) folgendes
geschrieben:

> Hi everybody?
>
> Did I find a bug in FC3 test 1 or did I something wrong? This is my
> story:
>
> I downloaded the DVD iso image to a webserver and I tried to do a
> network install of FC3 test1 on a PII at 350MHz, 387 MB ram and plenty of
>
> diskspace. After I selected the source (either FTP or HTTP) the
> install program asked for a network adapter. I selected the NE
> 1000/2000 and specified the parameters io=0x340 irq=4 which are
> correct. But the install program complains there's no such device.
> Strange, because when I went back the NE1000/2000 option was
> disappeared.

Hi,
am i right that you want to install an ISA NE2000 card?
This is even not possible with Fedora Core 2.
The kernel module for such device is missing. When i remember correctly,
the module is missing not only in the installation kernel, it is also
missing in the installed kernel. You have to install Core 3 and the
kernel source and make your own kernel. But it sounds to be better to
do this not on your P 350.

--
Nine (not 9)
Never trust a hippie