[Request for Testing] X.Org X11 CVS rpms are now in rawhide

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 19 11:41:51 UTC 2004

Mike Klinke wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 August 2004 19:34, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>>Andy Green wrote:
>

>>After updating X, the 845 card works great also. For the 815
>>video card, X will work until you log out, then it will not
>>start. I was wondering if the FC2 test kernel (521) would allow
>>the X server to work for the 815. I booted up with the 517 kernel
>>when X refused to start. The reason that I wonder if the 521
>>version would work, when the 517 kernel does not work is because
>>of the different versioned compiler.
>>

> I gave this a try this evening; Kernel 2.6.8-1.521 and Xorg-x11
> 6.7.99.2.-5, but there was no joy.  Xorg-x11 still just chokes on
> start-up.  The previous version of Xorg-x11 and the new kernel seem
> to like one another just fine though.
>
> Regards, Mike Klinke

Thanks for the feedback. I noticed that the CVS version and the original
  version on FC3T1 were built on the same build host and used the same
kernel.

It looks like time to download the source code related to the i810 video
driver, for past and present versions. Either that or try to isolate the
  binary for the i810 from the version that worked and rename it i815
and use it for the life of the computer. Xorg doesn't seem to be
actively responding to the bug report.

Oh well, hopefully it will be fixed before the next beta.

Jim

For the CVS version:
Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.21-14.ELsmp i686 [ELF]
Build Date: 13 August 2004
Build Host: tweety.build.redhat.com

For the FC3T1 CD version.
Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.21-14.ELsmp i686 [ELF]
Build Date: 02 July 2004
Build Host: tweety.build.redhat.com