[Request for Testing] X.Org X11 CVS rpms are now in rawhide

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 20 03:07:44 UTC 2004

> I might try to isolate the i810 driver from the working version, rename
> it to i815, then change my xorg.conf to i815 and see what happens after
> installing the latest beta. This is probably not a rational solution,
> but a learning experience anyway.
>
> Jim

Never mind. I toyed around blindly with the concept before upgrading X.
I do know more about the kernel and server modules directory structure.
Checking the makefile and source code files overwhelmed me.

copying the driver from
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/i810_drv.o
into
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/i815_drv.o
and then modifying the xorg.conf file for i815 instead of i810 left this
like the problem we saw with the new X.

I'll hold off on upgrading X until some real progress is made for the
i810 driver related to the 815 video server.

Jim