Unable to connect to internet

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Sat Aug 21 23:18:35 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 18:58, Ryan James wrote:

[snip]

> Sorry, i'm somewhat of a n00b here--how do i recreate resolv.conf?

  You could create it by hand, but you may have a copy of what was there
previously in /etc/resolv.conf.predhclient.  If that's not there, or it
is but it's empty, here's a sample /etc/resolv.conf:

--- cut here ---
search example.com
nameserver 192.168.1.254
nameserver 192.168.2.254
--- cut here ---

where example.com is replaced with your domain, and the IP addresses are
addresses of your actual DNS servers.

> in case it would help, here's my info:  everything worked fine this
> morning, but then i did today's up2date stuff and the networking doesn't
> work now.  i did not get a seg fault during the updating.

  Yes, it looks like the initscripts update might have broken it.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator