no USB jump/flash drive support yet

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Mon Aug 23 03:11:37 UTC 2004

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:46, "raxet" <maxer1 at xmission.com> wrote:
> It works for me with the latest dev kernel 2.6.8-1.526. Only problem is
> that you have to have the drive plugged on boot though. Then do a mount
> /dev/sdb1 /media/usbdisk.
>
> Hot plugging, absolutely not. In fact kernel messages shows a number of
> failed timeouts. :(

Hot plugging works for me.  I have a FC3T1 laptop with no writable removable
device other than a USB flash device.  I use a USB device to copy files
around between machines and it works fine.

I have also plugged my USB flash device into the keyboard/hub on a FC1 machine
that's got a few bits from FC1, and again it works fine.

I have seen a timeout on USB on one occasion which resulted in a kernel oops.
But apart from that there have been no problems.  If the oops repeats I'll
report it.