no USB jump/flash drive support yet

Carlos Villegas villegas at math.gatech.edu
Mon Aug 23 19:07:49 UTC 2004

On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 10:50:18PM +0200, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 14:46 -0600, raxet wrote:
> > It works for me with the latest dev kernel 2.6.8-1.526. Only problem is that
> > you have to have the drive plugged on boot though. Then do a mount /dev/sdb1
> > /media/usbdisk.
> >

> Try 'yum install gnome-volume-manager' and go into the 'Removable
> Storage' capplet to enable automounting.

Is that new in FC3? I don't see it in FC2, and some others have
mentioned "it has worked fine for me since FC1..."?

Last friday I finished writting something to do this (automount
the usb disks when plugged in) and I was in the process of
writting some minimal stuff to contribute it to the fedora
project. I need this sort of thing for FC2, so this is partially
off topic, but: How did you get it done in FC2? I already have my
own rpm for this, but it would be nice to use the "standard"
stuff.

Carlos