k3b/cdrecord

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Mon Aug 23 19:33:24 UTC 2004

Hi.

> If mkisofs ignores files which are too large, I don't
> understand the following:
>
> : I'm trying to burn a 4.2Gb file to DVD using k3b.
> :
> : At somewhere near the 1.2Gb level, the recording stops dead,
> : yet k3b says the full burn has occured.

I'm coming to the conclusion that it is mkisofs at fault. If I use k3b
to generate an isoimage for the file, the file produced is something
like 600k in size instead of the full 4.4Gb.

TTFN

Paul
--
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful - and so are we,"
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our