Kernel 525 Changed Behavior

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Wed Aug 25 08:43:43 UTC 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:23, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:
> > 2) It failed and did not log that fact either.
>
> The failing is a bug because tmpfs/ramfs don't support xattrs, usually
> not the case.  And actually, with the reintegration of the SELinux stuff
> into udev proper (in progress, see fedora-selinux-list), logging will be
> better on failure.

It would be nice if we could get some of these things tested out in-house
before we publish them and break the machines of lots of rawhide users.

I've got a machine on the net on which I can give administrative access to any
Red Hat employee who needs to test their package with SE Linux (*).  Also I'm
usually fairly quick on responding to email, so if you email me an RPM (to my
redhat.com address preferably) and ask me to check it to make sure it doesn't
break SE Linux you can expect a fast response.

(*)  While any Red Hat employee is capable of installing their own machine, I
think that many people don't want to go to the effort of tracking rawhide on
a SE Linux machine with all the associated effort of adjusting policy to
match changes to daemons, reverting changes which break things, etc.  If you
use my machine you can test your own package without worrying about the rest
of the system.