NVIDIA driver with FC3-Test 1

Nave, Ronald NaveR at fidelitytech.com
Fri Aug 27 13:05:06 UTC 2004

Something has happened to my system  since recent updates to FC3-Test 1

the Nvidia driver version  6116 will no longer run with the   2.6.8-1.526
kernel on start up.

the NVIDIA driver appears to install with out any error messages.

However, I have found that if I log into a console as root

and type   /sbin/modprobe  nvidia   , the nvidia driver will then load
manually

At This point typing startx will bring up the X windows screen.

If I reboot , it is necessary to repeat the process.

For some reason  the nvidia driver no longer gets loaded automatically when
the system starts up.