vino

Thomas J. Baker tjb at unh.edu
Fri Aug 27 15:13:22 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 11:07 -0400, Thomas J. Baker wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 20:40 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 19:20, Thomas J. Baker wrote:
> > > Does vino work for anyone right now? When I try to connect, it just
> > > hangs:
> >
> > 	Just tested 2.7.91-1 and it seems to work fine for me. Do you get the
> > "Another user is trying to view your desktop" dialog on wintermute when
> > you do this?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Mark.
> >

> Must have been in a funky state. It's working fine now.
>
> Thanks,
>
> tjb

Seems not completely true after all. My system installed from FC3T1 can
be connected to without problems. My other system that was updated from
FC2 to FC3T1 doesn't seem to work (serve correctly). vncviewer seems to
make an initial connection but the password dialog is never presented.
(I use no confirmation and a password).

I thought it may be due to the fact that I had installed earlier
versions of vino before it hit rawhide but completely removing and
reinstalling didn't help.

I'm going to have to investigate further.

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb at unh.edu    |