The Application "eggcups" has quit unexpectedly

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 29 15:17:28 UTC 2004

Colin Walters wrote:

>On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 08:38 -0500, Gerry Tool wrote:
>

>>Thanks Mark and Colin for replying.  I did the above and the error
>>window disappeared.
>>

>Err...the goal wasn't to get you to stop using eggcups, but instead to
>debug the problem.  If you keep eggcups removed, you won't get print job
>status feedback.  Can you continue with the rest of the instructions?

Sorry about that.  Since that time, I have updated to the latest rawhide
and rebooted to a more recent kernel, 533.  The error window no longer
appears with that kernel or the previous two kernels.  I am now having
trouble booting and getting past the "Starting cups" line, with the 526
kernel and the 533 kernel (if I have rhgb quiet on the kernel line in
grub.conf.)

I can boot with kernel 532, but cups is hosed for some reason.  If I try
to print, the Printer Configuration dialog hangs with "Attempting to
connect to host .....".  My printers are on a networked print server.
Printing still works fine in FC2, so I know the hardware is OK.

I tried to execute your request, and do not know how to get eggcups to
crash, so can't complete the process.  Any clues on how to make it crash?

Gerry