More on my cups saga!

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 23:18:22 UTC 2004

Hi,

For those who have been following the saga of getting printing to work
again on my FC3t1 box...

Doing a clean install from source didn't solve any of my problems
Moving down to the 526 kernel sort of sorted the problem (see below)
Disabling (totally) SELinux under the 533 and 532 kernels did nothing

However,

I did notice that none of the USB drivers had been loaded

su
/sbin/modprobe usb-uhci
/sbin/modprobe usb-ohci
/sbin/modprobe lpusb

Now, the final one gave the same insane amount of disc thrashing as
editting the properties in s-c-p.

(The 526 kernel worked, but selinux was getting in the way [not allowing
anything to happen]. Disabling selinux didn't do very much either).

Question now is this : can the problem be kernel and/or selinux related?

TTFN

Paul
--
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful - and so are we,"
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our