samba PDC+LDAP

alton bailey ojgbagg27ab at msn.com
Thu Dec 9 02:32:22 UTC 2004

 have samba as a PDC with ldap as a backend for authtentication.
when I do a smnbasswd -a username  I got a message

ldap_initialized: time limit exceeded connetion to LDAP sever failed fot the 1 try
ldap_initialized: time limit exceeded connetion to LDAP sever failed fot the 2 try
ldap_initialized: time limit exceeded connetion to LDAP sever failed fot the 3 try
ldap_initialized: time limit exceeded connetion to LDAP sever failed fot the 4 try