A small request ...

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Fri Dec 17 00:31:56 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 16:56, Matthew Miller wrote:

> Yet another reason for removing the "Install Everything" option. :)

I know I'm late to this thread, and yes I did see the smiley in the post
above, but just in case anyone is considering removing the "Install
Everything" option I'd like to make a personal plea, or otherwise
provide an argument for its existence:  As a web developer I have to be
able to (even only roughly) mimic a clients system when I am prototyping
something here on my workstation, and that really does mean having
everything there to try out -- whether it's MySQL or Postgresql, or
sendmail versus postfix, or what does this site look like in Mozilla and
Konqueror (a reasonably reliable guide for how it might look in Safari).

I always choose the "install everything" option and it is very useful to
me. So I hope no one out there is assuming it isn't just because they
don't use it.

Best, D