A small request ...

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 17 01:31:48 UTC 2004

Timothy Murphy said:
> On Thursday 16 December 2004 16:01, William Hooper wrote:
>
>>> I'm not quite sure what is meant by "full installation",
>>> but one does get an awful lot of i18n files if one simply opts for the
>>>  standard installation.
>>
>> Perhaps you could elaborate?  On my Workstation install there is
>> exactly one  *i18n* RPM: openoffice.org-i18n.  Granted it is a large
>> file, but that has already been discussed and IIRC will be broken into
>> different RPMs for FC4.  That said if you don't need the additional
>> languges you can just remove it.
>
> I  admit I'm not quite sure where these came from, but I have:
> [tim at alfred ~]$ grep i18n /var/log/rpmpkgs
> kde-i18n-Brazil-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
> kde-i18n-British-3.3.1-1.noarch.rpm

I notice these are all kde releated, so they aren't installed by default.

That said, the question then becomes what installed them?  Was it
selecting KDE during the install or an attempt to install KDE after the
fact?  It doesn't appear anything requires these packages, the don't
appear to be in the KDE groups for yum.  If I get a chnace later maybe
I'll try running another install and see if it is anaconda.

--
William Hooper