Fedora Project launches Pre-Extras

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Fri Dec 17 22:50:56 UTC 2004

fre, 17.12.2004 kl. 23.05 skrev Michael Schwendt:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 23:52:33 +0200, Doncho N. Gunchev wrote:
>
> > All extras I've used till now have something different (.dag, .lvn,
> > .fr...).
>
> That's the theory. In practice, multiple repository use the same
> tag as pointed out earlier.
>
> There is no global registry for repository/distribution tags.

Maybe there should be.

I haven't read this thread very carefully, but please dont remove
"fields" in the filename which are very, very usable to distinguish
packages. It is often very usefull if a package was built for FC1 (->
delete) or FC2 (->use on fc2-computers) or FC3 (ditto). Or where a
package came from. I have a tend to thrust "core" packages more than
3'rd party. Probably unjustifyed, but...

Kyrre