how do I set pkgconfig to use /usr/lib64 ?

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Wed Dec 22 03:27:18 UTC 2004

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 09:13:01PM -0500, sean darcy wrote:
> When I'm building a program I often forget to export
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig.
>
> Now I did put it in rc.local. That didn't work.

For all system-wide changes of that kind you are adding your own
file(s) in /etc/profile.d/.  Look for examples there.  Likely
you should start names with something like 'z_...' to make sure
that they will be loaded last.

Don't forget 'export PKG_CONFIG_PATH'.

For your own use you have a bunch of "dot-files" in your $HOME.
See 'Bash Startup Files' in 'info bash' (and similar for shells
from csh family).

> Given that I and others use
> a lot of user names, is there someplace to change PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> universally?

It always was; but what this has to do with fedora-test?

  Michal