Can't connect to cups admin on :631

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Fri Dec 3 12:33:53 UTC 2004

On Friday 03 December 2004 12:08 am, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Egad... I knew it had to be something rather dumb.
Hello,

      Speaking of CUPS, I am right now reinstalling Fedora Core 3 on one of my
computers because I don't know how to re-establish my print server settings
in the /etc/cups/cupsd.config file.  I am trying to set up a CUPS print
server on my local LAN where not only can the other machines on the LAN see
the printer on the server but also print from it. I continue to get an error
from the computer where the printer is attached which states that it cannot
bring up the CUPS server settings.  I am using the KDE desktop environment
and I am using the printing manager under Applications-Preferences-More
Preferences-Printing Manager. I am sure that this error is due to something I
did wrong in the /etc/cups/cupsd.config file.  Is there any way I can bring
this file back to its default state? At this point, I cannot even print
locally from the machine where the printer is attached.  As I mentioned
above, I have been able to get the other machines on the LAN to see the
printer on the network, but I am still unable to print remotely. All of my
machines are behind a wireless router which are connected through ethernet
ports except for one of the machines, which is connected wirelessly.  Any
help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Jeff