New kernel blah

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Sat Dec 4 22:13:28 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 14:40 -0700, raxet wrote:
> Are you saying it wasn't supported in earlier kernels? It sure was. I have
> had several systems with earlier Fedora 1 and Fedora 2 that work.

  It would help if you were more specific.  Doing a grep -i for marvell
or syskonnect on FC1, FC2, and FC3 kernels reveals a lot of stuff, some
of which could be what your looking for.  Sometimes, module names do
change.  Could the via-velocity module be it?  Considering that there is
this code segment in via-veloctiy.c:

        case PHYID_MARVELL_1000:
        case PHYID_MARVELL_1000S:

# modinfo via-velocity
filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.9-1.681_FC3/kernel/drivers/net/via-velocity.ko
author:         VIA Networking Technologies, Inc.
license:        GPL
parm:           RxDescriptors:Number of receive descriptors
.
.
.
vermagic:       2.6.9-1.681_FC3 686 REGPARM 4KSTACKS gcc-3.4
depends:        crc-ccitt
alias:          pci:v00001106d00003119sv*sd*bc*sc*i*

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator